10 Best Seed Banks 2022: Top Cannabis Seed Banks That Ship to USA
Marijuana has never been more popular throughout the United States. According to several studies and research centers, an overwhelming number of Americans support legalization. With more and more states decriminalizing marijuana use, hemp production and the growth of the cannabis seeds industry are also on the rise.
As a result of this demand, the internet is now stacked with cannabis seed banks that ship globally. You will find thousands of these online seed banks with a quick Google search. They provide home growers with the seeds needed to grow cannabis strains, making many people consider growing their cannabis plants at home.
With this new and largely unregulated industry, vendors have a wide range in quality. For example, some may provide you with high-quality seeds, while others may distribute marijuana seeds that did not successfully germinate. However, not all of them are reputable seed banks.
To help you find trustworthy, high-quality marijuana seeds, we have compiled a list of the best online seed banks. You’ll be able to easily order the cannabis seeds and start producing them in no time!
Top Seed Banks to Buy Marijuana Seeds Online
|I Love Growing Marijuana||Best for auto-flowering marijuana seeds|
|MSNL||Best seed bank for worldwide shipping|
|Ministry of Cannabis||Best for growing for CBD|
|Crop King Seeds||Best seed bank for worldwide shipping|
|Rocket Seeds||Best for fast flowering seeds|
I Love Growing Marijuana
I Love Growing Marijuana sells premium marijuana seeds of so many different types. Whether you are a pro who has been at this for a while, or someone looking to try this for the first time, there are seeds with your name on them!
The site is also a great learning tool. If you don’t know a lot about growing marijuana, this site is full of resources to get you started. Once you got a handle on the growing process, you can experiment with other types of strains until you are growing plants perfect for your needs.
- Free Shipping
- Extensive catalog of seed banks
- Germination guaranteed
- Seeds can be a bit expensive
- Your bank may block the charges
Sometimes you don’t know what kind of seeds you want, but you know what you need them to treat. Sometimes you don’t know what kind of seeds you want, but you know what kind of climate you have for growing them. That’s where MSNL comes into play.
MSNL is a great site for buying seeds to treat a specific illness. For example, if you are suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, you can buy seeds that are proven to help treat that disorder.
If you leave in a dry, arid climate, you can buy seeds that will grow and flourish in that climate. This is a great tool if you don’t know what kind of seeds will grow well where you live. For research purposes, you can’t beat this site.
- Great site for research
- Get the right seeds for your medical needs
- Toms of promos and deals
- Site can be confusing to navigate
- Seeds can be pricey
- Not a lot of variety
Ministry of Cannabis
You don’t exactly always want people to know that you are growing marijuana. You also aren’t always in an area where it is easy to get marijuana seeds shipped to you. That’s where the Ministry of Cannabis comes in clutch. This service will ship to you no matter where you are in the world, and the packaging is discreet.
Although the site offers feminized and auto-flowering seeds, the site is really well-known for its CBD products. CBD products are great for reducing stress and anxiety as they help make you more mello.
If you aren’t sure what specific seeds you want, but you know what you want them to do, you can buy a packet of mixed seeds. For example, you can buy a packet of Indica seeds all of which can have different flavors and potencies. It’s a great way to experiment with new seeds while having an idea of what the end product will be.
- Offers global shipping
- Discreet shipping
- 24/7 customer support available
- Limited resources on growing cannabis seeds
- Longer shipping times
- Limited stock of cannabis seeds
If you want high-quality weed seeds that grow quickly, look no further than Rocket Seeds. It is one of the top cannabis seed banks worldwide, offering feminized seeds, regular seeds, CBD seeds, and more.
They perform quality checks to ensure successful germination for weed seeds. However, no germination guarantee covers growing methods other than their recommended one.
Rocket Seeds offers international deliveries and will even ship to the USA. They accept various payment methods, including all major credit cards, cash, money transfers, Bitcoin, PayPal, and more.
- Easy-to-use website
- International shipping
- Stealth shipping option
- Limited refund policy
Beaver Seed is a great spot to buy marijuana seeds online. It is a Canadian-based seed bank that carries feminized, auto-flowering, regular, and high CBD seeds – all for a reasonable price. The seeds and strains have high germination rates, growing into flourishing marijuana plants that eventually produce flowers.
This company has a high level of production standards. The weed seeds are always inspected and carefully selected before being shipped.
Furthermore, Beaver Seeds regularly offers discounts and promotions, even on new marijuana strains.
- Worldwide, fast deliveries.
- Reliable customer support
- High germination rate
- Free shipping for orders over $200
- No personal checks are accepted.
Herbies Head Shop
Since 2007, Herbies Head Shop has been known as one of the best seed banks for cannabis enthusiasts. They offer a unique collection of seeds – such as photoperiod seeds, high THC or CBD seeds, and fast flowering options.
Even with over 3,000 seeds for sale, all products are brand-only cannabis seeds that guarantee a harvest of the most potent marijuana. Plus, Herbies team of online consultants will gladly help you pick a seed bank or a specific strain if you need assistance.
Herbies also offers stealth shipping for maximum confidentiality. With this option, the marijuana seeds are removed from the original packaging, placed into Ziploc bags, and disguised as random items.
- User-friendly website
- Fast shipping to several countries
- High-quality seeds
- Multiple payment methods
- Free seed with every purchase
- Stealth shipping option
- Some cannabis strains are constantly out of stock.
- Higher prices
My Fast Buds
My Fast Buds is an excellent cannabis seed bank that has won several awards internationally. They specialize in auto-flowering cannabis plants, the ideal option for beginner growers.
All strain genetics are tailored for fast growth and have an impressive 98% germination guarantee. If a seed doesn’t germinate, Fast Buds will send you free cannabis seeds as a replacement.
Fast Buds carries a total of 45 auto-flowering strains, including their best-sellers Gelato, Strawberry Pie, and Zkittlez.
- Germination guarantee of 98%
- Responsive customer service
- Unique auto-flowering seeds
- 20% free seeds with every order
- Does not ship directly to the US or Canada
- Not much variety
Sonoma Seeds is a West Coast-based, premium cannabis seed supplier that distributes strains worldwide.
This online seed bank features a large seed selection from over 500 strains, including Indica seeds, hybrid seeds, Sativa seeds, CBD seeds, and more. They handpick everything and only offer high-quality marijuana seeds – with an 80% germination rate.
Sonoma Seeds ships to customers worldwide and even offers free shipping for orders over $300. The site will accept various payment methods, including money transfers, e-transfers, cash, bitcoin, and major credit cards.
- Helpful customer service
- 80% germination rate
- Massive seed selection
- 10% processing fee for Mastercard and Visa payments
Seedsman started to sell cannabis seeds back in 2003. This company is a leader in the industry and remains at the forefront of cannabis innovation. For example, Seedsman was one of the first seed banks to commercialize auto-flowering and CBD genetics.
It’s effortless to buy cannabis seeds online via the Seedsman website. They offer several categories of marijuana seeds – such as feminized, auto-flowering, regular, high THC, high CBD, along with indoor and outdoor seeds.
All cannabis seed genetics are sourced from expert breeders worldwide, ensuring highly potent THC seeds and high-quality CBD cannabis seeds.
Seedsman also provides international shipping options, discreet packaging, updated order tracking, and various payment options. Additionally, the website has an informative blog where you can catch up on cannabis news, insights, and more.
- Loyalty program available
- Positive customer feedback
- Global delivery options
- Various promotions and discounts offered
- Lower germination guarantee
If you are looking to buy seeds at a reasonable price then Sensible Seeds is your one-stop-shop. The site has a ridiculous amount of seeds for you to check out and purchase.
If you are looking for feminized, auto-flowering, medical-grade, or a high-CBD strain, there are seeds here with your name on them. Explore the hundreds of choices to find the ones that work best for you and at a price that won’t break the bank!
- 25% off if you pay with Bitcoin
- Reasonably priced
- Tons of promotions
- Site can come across as sketchy
- Site is a bit tricky to navigate
- Amount of choices can be overwhelming
FAQ for cannabis seed banks
What are cannabis seeds?
As with other flowering plants, cannabis creates seeds that contain the genetic information needed for growth and reproduction.
Once the seed successfully germinates (or once the root has broken through the seed), it is ready to grow into a mature plant.
Cannabis seeds are around the size of a peppercorn, and most have light brown specks throughout the body.
What is seedless cannabis?
Some cannabis on the market today does not contain seeds. In the middle of the 20th Century, growers realized that culling male plants once they displayed sex traits would only result in the crop containing unfertilized female plants.
It yielded cannabis plants with higher amounts of THC, plus they don’t require the removal of seeds before smoking. These widespread advancements in cultivation practices have enabled seedless cannabis to be mass-produced and distributed throughout the globe.
What’s the difference between regular seeds feminized and auto-flowering seeds?
You can find Cannabis seeds in several forms – regular, feminized, and auto-flowering seeds. Most marijuana home growers prefer to grow feminized seeds.
Feminized seeds have been bred only to produce female plants. This matters for cultivation purposes. Female plants exclusively produce smokable flowers.
Regular seeds do not have this option. They produce male and female seeds, meaning there is no way to predict whether the mature plant will be female.
In addition to feminized marijuana seeds and regular seeds, some growers also use auto-flowering seeds. These seeds have been carefully engineered to begin and finish the flowering process without needing to be induced by changes in light throughout the day.
Auto-flowering seeds tend to be easier to grow since they don’t require as much light as regular or feminized seeds, ideal for short or indoor growing seasons.
Is it illegal to buy marijuana seeds?
The legality of marijuana will depend on your location. Marijuana seeds are considered a cannabis-based product, meaning if you live in a place where marijuana is legal, then the seeds are also legal – and vice versa.
If you want to buy cannabis seeds in a state where it’s illegal, you will face some degree of risk. There is a gray area where you can purchase marijuana seeds from seed banks as a “souvenir,” but this strategy is still dicey.
If you live in a weed-legal state (one where home growing is allowed), you should have no issue buying cannabis seeds online from a seed bank.
Where should I buy cannabis seeds?
You have a couple of options, whether buying cannabis seeds online or in person. Cannabis seeds are sold in retail locations and through online seed banks. If you live in a country or state where cannabis use and growing marijuana is legal, you should buy the seeds at local dispensaries.
Furthermore, there are various online seed banks on the market. Choosing cannabis seed banks keenly is vital to ensure your investment does not go wasted. Many seed banks do not provide a germination guarantee, which is a critical step and should be a top priority when buying marijuana seeds online. If the germination process fails, so will everything else.
How much do marijuana seeds cost?
It largely depends on the vendor and the quality of the product. The price for your cannabis seeds will vary based on a few factors, including:
- Genetic quality
- The reputation of the person who produced the cannabis seeds
- The potency of the marijuana strains
- The type of seed (feminized and auto-flowering seeds are typically priced higher since more work is required to produce them)
A package of marijuana seeds (which typically contains around 10 seeds) may run you anywhere from $40 for lower quality seeds and up to $400 or $500 for high-quality cannabis seeds.
You can expect high-quality cannabis seeds from this list of the best online seed banks. These well-established brands will not waste your money on cannabis seeds that did not even germinate. Ultimately, the decision will come down to your specific preference. You can consider variables such as seed types, shipping times and costs, and whether the vendor offers multiple payment methods. Overall, you can’t go wrong with these reputable seed banks.
What’s the Best Cannabis Seed Bank in America?
I’m currently ordering seeds from Seed Supreme. I’ve been happy with my experiences with them so far (as of September 2021). They ship out of southern California and provide delivery tracking. Orders seem to arrive in the US in under 2 weeks for most states. They have a bulk seed page for commercial growers. Insider tip: they don’t list all their payment options on the front of the website – go to checkout and you’ll often see additional payment options.
Here is their list of American genetics they have developed and stabilized in-house. I’ve found their strains to be above-average when it comes to potency and sparkle. I like that they publish growing information about each strain in addition to the bud effects. I’ve never really seen that from a seed bank before. Whether you’re a home grower or a commercial grower, that can make a huge difference because it helps you properly plan your grow with plants that play well together.
Their Blueberry strain has top-shelf looks and smell with classic effects reminiscent of 90s buds but stronger. Easy to grow.
Their version of White Widow is something special. MUCH more potent than regular White Widow. The buds tested between 24-26% THC. Don’t plan to do anything else that day
Their Platinum Cookies tests at up to 28% THC and and produces buds with quintessentially “American” looks and smell. The mental and physical effects are captivating but may be too intense for most beginners.
Other notable strains
is a good choice for commercial growers with high THC up to 30%, big yields, and a short flowering time. is a potent Sativa hybrid with great yields and uplifting unique mental effects is an autoflowering strain that produces photoperiod-quality buds in about 70 days from seed to harvest.
Now that that’s out of the way, continue on to the rest of the article…
Sirius and I have been ordering cannabis seeds online since 2010, and we maintain a list of the seed banks that we use the most. Most seed banks we’ve used and recommended are located in the U.K., Netherlands, or Spain. In fact, until recently, these 3 countries in Europe contained nearly all the big cannabis seed banks in the world. Weed isn’t legal to grow in those countries, but they have specific laws or loopholes that make it easier to run a seed bank.
Now that recreational use and home cultivation has been legalized for adults in Canada, seed banks are getting established there, too.
Yet isn’t cannabis cultivation legal in several U.S. states? Where are the American seed banks?
American-bred strains tend to be “high” on sparkle
There is a huge thriving cannabis market in parts of the U.S. and American breeders are developing world-famous cannabis strains. Where can you buy the genetics? What’s the best American seed bank? And why is it so hard to find current information about online seed banks in America?
The problem has to do with the American federal government and the current legal status of cannabis. Marijuana and derivatives (including seeds) are considered a Schedule 1 drug with essentially no accepted legal use. This makes it hard if not impossible for a seed bank to run in the U.S. the way they do in the U.K., the Netherlands, Spain, or Canada (which have legal loopholes or full-on legalization).
Where can you buy cannabis seeds in the United States?
American strains often come and go. I purchased seeds for the following buds last summer and harvested the plant 4 months later. When I tried to buy more seeds, the breeder and seed company had already disappeared. This isn’t unusual.
What’s the Problem with American Seed Sources?
- American Seed Banks Disappear – I order seeds every few months, yet when I’ve ordered from an American seed source, the company is often gone by the time I’m ready to order my next set of seeds. Although cannabis cultivation has been legalized in some states, the federal government (which considers cannabis and seeds a Schedule 1 drug) has jurisdiction over the mail. That means getting caught sending seeds through the mail comes with harsh legal penalties for the sellers. As a result, American seed companies regularly get spooked and shut down or just disappear without a trace or explanation. Enforcement against selling seeds is less strict in certain countries like the Netherlands, the U.K., and Spain. In fact, in some jurisdictions in those countries, the laws are surprisingly tolerant of seed banks. Similar exceptions and special rules have not been carved out in the United States. It’s due to lack of local regulation that many (if not most) of the longest-running seed banks are located in the Netherlands, the U.K., or Spain. Now that Canada has legalized growing for adults, seed banks are starting to get well-established there, too.
- Refuse to Accept Debit or Credit Cards – American seedbanks often only take Bitcoin, certified checks, money orders, Venmo, Cashapp, or cash. Unfortunately, those payment options leave you without recourse if the seeds don’t show up. It’s easy to get scammed when paying in cash. Why won’t American seed banks accept debit, credit, or bank drafts? One reason is cannabis companies lack access to banking in America (again due to the federal legal status). In fact, many cannabis operations and dispensaries are run almost completely in cash. This makes it difficult for them to take non-cash payments. The bigger the company, the harder it gets to fly under the radar. When an American seed bank offers something convenient like Paypal, credit card, or bank drafts, they’re shut down quickly once they get popular. Although European seed banks do occasionally lose payment options, there is usually an option for credit/debit card or bank drafts.
- Strain Quality is More Variable – While European seed companies have been competing for customers since the 1980s (and earlier), most American seed sources were only established in the last few years. As a result of fly-by-night breeders and little competition, many seeds ordered from American sources produce unreliable results. There are trustworthy American breeders, but they’re often listed right next to unknown and questionable breeders that sell crosses that were randomly slapped together. Yields, potency, and growth rates may be poor, even if you do everything right. There’s little curation of breeders and stabilized strains in American Seed Banks like with the established European seed sources. You have to do your own research to avoid bad breeders.
- American Genetics Are Available Overseas – European breeders have been steadily importing and stabilizing popular American strains. Many strains have been developed by trustworthy breeders with 100% American genetics, especially in the last few years. That means you can get American genetics from a more consistent and trustworthy source that takes non-cash payments.
Girl Scout Cookies is a popular American strain
Hand-picked American genetics available as stabilized strains from established seed banks that are available in Europe.
by Garden of Green by Barney’s Farm Seeds by Rare Dankness by Barney’s Farm Seeds by Humboldt Seed Company by Humboldt Seed Company by Barney’s Farm Seeds by Barney’s Farm Seeds by Seedsman by Seedsman by The Plug by Barney’s Farm Seeds by Rare Dankness (non-feminized) by Cali Connection by Lineage Genetics by Royal Queen Seeds
Breeders based in the United States that are available in Europe (Their strains are in high demand and often sold out, but they are restocked regularly so keep checking back)
(California) (California) (California) (California) (Colorado)
European Seed Banks
European seed banks have some benefits over American seed banks:
- Cheaper – American genetics can get expensive. Strains from American breeders often cost a lot more than European strains of similar quality, even if they’re using the same genetics.
- Established European seed banks rarely disappear – Seed companies are well established in Europe, and are often located in countries that look the other way. That means European seed banks almost never close down, while seed banks in America regularly vanish. You never know if they got in trouble or just stopped selling seeds. If you happened to make an order right before a seed bank closes down, you may never get your seeds even if they were a legitimate company.
- Consistency – European breeders have been around a while and are specialists at consistency. When you buy seeds that claim the plant will stay short, smell a certain way, have a specific potency, etc, you almost always get what the breeder said. Yields and growth rates tend to be better overall. In America, you often order a pack of seeds and every single plant comes out totally different with variable quality.
Tangerine Dream has been described as a “citrus fruit fantasy”
Ok, I got it. But what are the advantages of ordering from an American seed bank?
American Seed Banks Have Advantages for U.S. residents:
- Much faster shipping – One of the main things American seed banks can offer to American growers is seeds show up fast. Since seeds don’t have to get imported or exported, they often appear in just a few days. When I order from Europe, seeds can take anywhere from 2-6 weeks to arrive. When I order from US-based Seed Supreme, seeds usually arrive in under 2 weeks.
- Delivery tracking – Although many European banks offer delivery tracking, it isn’t very accurate or helpful for Americans since the package is originating in another country. An American seed bank will give you tracking with USPS, UPS, Fedex, etc that lets you more accurately see where seeds are and know which day to expect them.
- Sparkly, Smelly Genetics – Although European breeders are regularly incorporating popular American genetics in their new strains, the truth is that American breeders tend to select for different things. For example, in general, American breeders seem to focus on sparkle, overall bud appearance, and strong unique smells.
- Potency – American strains regularly produce buds with over 25% and some strains produce over 30% THC. Note: This isn’t always a good thing. At those levels, bud effects are often too intense for typical users (i.e. Platinum Cookies).
American laws are changing all the time, and it’s possible that banking will be legalized for state-legal cannabis companies, or the feds may reduce their restrictions on sending seeds through the mail. If that happens, we’ll see tons more American seed banks appear overnight.